You do not need to be a Patron on Patreon to access the download; Patrons just get the newer builds of Diet Melee a bit sooner than everyone else. If you would like to help us, we would very much appreciate your support.
Both sets of instructions will make a new iso, and not replace or overwrite your vanilla iso. Your normal Melee is safe.
How to install on Windows:
1. Download Diet Melee Offline Patcher v0.8.0 (this is the version for Diet Melee 1.0.2).
2. Extract patcher exe and run it.
3. Open Dolphin, the one you use for rollback/slippi(and make sure its up to date), and right click your vanilla Melee iso, then click “open containing folder”. See where your vanilla ISO is stored in your computer.
4. Once you’ve found your Melee ISO, drag it anywhere on the patcher window.
5. It will generate "DietMelee-[version_name]-1-0-2.iso" in the same folder as the patcher if everything went right.
6. Put this iso in the same folder as your vanilla Melee iso, and then refresh Dolphin. Diet Melee should show up as a separate ISO, no the vanilla one.
You should be good to go. It should be compatible with unranked, direct, and doubles.
If you still have any problems, make sure to first check the FAQ Here is a guide to a compatibility method of installing. Only use this if the patcher does not work for you and you have tried things like restarting your computer.
How to install on Mac:
1. Download MultiPatch
2. Download the xdelta file of the version you want here Diet Melee v1.0.2
3. Open MultiPatch
3a (optional; This step is just for finding your vanilla ISO, if you know where it is, skip it.) Open Dolphin, the one you use for rollback/slippi(and make sure its updated), and right click your vanilla Melee iso, then click “open containing folder”. See where your vanilla ISO is stored in your computer.
4. For the first field, find the patch with the extension ".xdelta" in the folder you downloaded it to.
5. Second field, put in your vanilla ISO you just found in your Dolphin.
6. Third field, browse to the folder your vanilla ISO is in, then put in DietMelee[version_name]-1-0-2.iso (The [version_name] is whichever of the 3 versions you downloaded). Click Save.
You’re good to go and have Diet Melee installed on Mac!
If you still have any problems, make sure to first check the FAQ