How to patch modern version of Diet Melee with the xdelta UI on Windows
Note: ONLY USE THIS GUIDE IF YOU HAVE EXHAUSTED ALL OPTIONS WITH THE STANDARD WINDOWS PATCHER
1. Download this file named xdeltaUI.rar
2. Download the xdelta corresponding to your desired version of Diet Melee here
3. Extract the xdeltaUI rar file.
4. Run the file named ‘xdeltaUI.exe’ (the one with the white and orange and black icon).
5. Press ‘Open’ next to the first box named ‘Patch’ and navigate to the location, select the patch you downloaded in step 2, and press ‘Open’ in the lower right.
6. Press ‘Open’ next to the second box named ‘Source File’ and navigate to the location of your vanilla Melee iso, click on the iso, and press ‘Open’ in the lower right. YOU WILL NOT LOSE THIS ISO, DO NOT WORRY.
7. Press ‘…’ next to the third box named ‘Output File’, navigate to the same directory you keep your vanilla Melee iso, and name it something like ‘Diet-Melee-[version_name]1-0-2.iso’ in the box called file name at the bottom and press ‘Save’ (version_name should correspond to whichever .xdelta version you downloaded for ease-sake).
8. Press ‘Patch’, and the file should be located in the same directory as your vanilla Melee ISO, and if you set Dolphin to use that directory as a library, you should be able to just refresh Dolphin and see the new iso inside.
If you run into an error, chances are that you are trying to patch an NKit file, which is not the same as an iso. Follow this guide to get the original iso from your nkit version.